Last updated: Weds 28th September at 7PM
Share this page:
Need help understanding the travel rules for Spain?
I hear you! That’s why I’ve pulled together every test, form and quarantine you need to do abide by all the Covid travel rules and to visit Spain.
Spain Travel Rules
Travelling to Spain
Vaccinated and unvaccinated UK travellers
Vaccinated travellers and children aged 11 and under do not need to fill in a form or take a Covid-19 test.
Unvaccinated travellers and unvaccinated children over 12 do not need to fill in a form but they do still need have a test, unless they have proof recovery from Covid-19 in the last six months.
Spain travel rules for vaccinated travellers from UK
Before you travel to Spain
• Show proof of being fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to arrival in Spain. Spain accepts the NHS Covid App.
To be recognised as fully vaccinated: If you have received a booster, you are considered fully vaccinated for entry into Spain. As soon as you receive your booster, you are considered fully vaccinated with immediate effect. There is currently no expiry date for booster jabs.
If you are aged 18 or over and have not received a booster, but have received two doses of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccine approved for use by Spain, then at least 14 days and no more than 270 days must have passed since your last dose, to qualify as fully vaccinated.
You will also be considered fully vaccinated if you have a recovery certificate showing that you’ve had Covid-19 in the last 6 months.
On arrival in Spain
• You may also be subject to additional checks at the point of entry including a temperature check, visual health assessment, or testing on arrival. Passengers may also be contacted and required to undertake a PCR, TMA or LAMP test at any point up to 48 hours after their arrival in Spain. More information can be found on the Spanish government’s Border Health Controls webpage.
Children under the age of 12 years old do not need to:
- show proof of being fully vaccinated on entry to Spain
- take diagnostic tests prior to arrival
- show proof of having recovered from prior COVID-19 infection in the last 6 months
- meet the requirements outlined in the Spanish Ministry of Health ‘Travel and COVID-19’ page, even if they have visited a ‘risk country’ in the previous 14 days
- Complete a Travel Health form
Travellers from the UK aged 12 to 17 – who are not vaccinated – must follow the same rules as unvaccinated travellers.
Travellers from the UK aged 12 to 17 who have received two doses of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccine approved for use by Spain – and allowed at least 14 full days to pass since their last dose – qualify as fully vaccinated.
They will continue to qualify as fully vaccinated more than 270 days after their last dose and do not need to show proof of having received a booster to travel.
If you’re not fully vaccinated, you can enter Spain presenting one of the following documents:
- A negative COVID-19 test: either a PCR taken within 72 hours prior to departure, or an antigen test taken within 24 hours prior to departure.
- You no longer need to complete Spain’s Travel Heat Control Form
- Proof of having recovered from COVID-19 in the last 6 months. You can also use a medical certificate or recovery record to prove your COVID-19 status on entry to Spain. See ‘If you’ve had COVID-19 in the past year’.
Do you have Travel Insurance?
Are you covered for travelling in a pandemic? Here’s what information you should be looking out for when buying your next travel insurance policy.
Travelling back to the UK
Spain is on the “Rest of World” list
All travellers entering the UK from a non-red list country no longer need to test, quarantine or fill in a passenger locator form. This includes children and unvaccinated travellers.
Before you travel to England
• You no longer need to fill in a passenger locator form
Have you got everything?
Make sure you have tests and insurance before you travel.
Get 12% off by using my code!
Make sure your policy covers cancellation or if you test positive
Make sure you have everything by using my packing checklist
Looking for a different country?
Did that help? 👍
I really hope so – I know how confusing all the rules can be at the moment!